About Us


Incorporated in 2007, Metro Changers is a 501(c)3 that utilizes volunteers to improve housing for low-income residents of Birmingham and share the love of Christ though giving and caring.

We improve the housing conditions for those in the Birmingham community who are most in need: low-income, the elderly, those with disabilities, people with health problems, and veterans or spouses of veterans.

Approximately 60 percent of our funding comes from the City of Birmingham Community Development Office. The remaining 40 percent comes from churches, corporations, foundations and private donors.

Only six percent of the funds we receive are used for operations, leaving 94 percent total value to homeowners in labor and materials. We estimate Metro Changers contributed over 10 million dollars in value since 2007 on repairs and improvements to homes throughout the city.

Our Staff

Michael Murry

Michael Murry

Project Manager

Butch Henderson

Butch Henderson

Executive Director

Our Board of Directors

Jimmie Coleman, Vice Chairman

Retired, VP
Alabama Power

Kendrick Clark

Employee Assistance Coordinator/Chaplain
ACIPCO

Tom Clyce

Retired, CFO
Construction Industry

Kelley Duncan

Hoar Construction
 

Allen Dunn

AL/GA Market Managing Partner
RSM US, LLP

Troy Gambril

VP Investment Division
Protective Life

Joe Guillaume, Chair

Retired, VP of Operations
Hoar Construction

Cory Guillory

VP
Regions Corporate Banking

Missy Heard

Realtor
Birmingham Realty South

Bobby Keith

Retired, CEO
Construction Industry

Don McKenna

Trial Attorney
Hare Wynn Newell & Newton

Andrew “Drew” Scott

Sr. VP
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management

Partners & Alliances

Our Community Partners

  • Birmingham Baptist Association
  • Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions
  • North American Mission Board, SBC
  • World Changers, LifeWay Christian Resources
  • Faith Chapel Christian Center
  • Christian Service Mission
  • Next Step Storm Disaster Relief
  • Mission Serve

Our Corporate Alliances

  • Cash & Carry Building Supply
  • Sherwin Williams

Our Government Partners

  • City of Birmingham Office of Community Development
  • Birmingham City Schools

Our Donors

ACIPCO Alabama Power Foundation Birmingham Baptist Association Daniel Foundation Dawson Baptist Church Hillcrest Foundation City of Birmingham Hoar Construction Protective Life

Metro Changers also receives donations from private donors.